- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Valid Driver’s License
- Permission letter from your Faith Based Congregation Leader allowing you to become a Volunteer Chaplian
- Clean Record
- A HEART to Serve
Our Volunteer Chaplaincy Mission:
Our Volunteer Chaplaincy Programs mission is to expand the Kingdom of God’s Love. One of the ways that we do this is by assisting the needy, people in crisis, the community in times of disasters and victims of domestic violence and human trafficking with 72 hours of food and clothing, emotional and spiritual support at a time that they are left with no hope. The Volunteer Chaplains are trained and certified by the State of Florida to assist and bring the message of love and hope for a better future.
16-hour course includes:
- Training materials
- Background check
- Volunteer Chaplain ID
- Polo Shirt with Logo
- One Year Membership
- Coffee,Snack, Lunch or Dinner
We thank God for all these Federal, State and local Agencies with there memorandums of understanding that allows us to be able to work together to serve our communities and make a difference.
Department of Children and Families (DCF),Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Elderly Links, Miami Dade Office of The State Attorney, Miami-Dade County Juvenile Services Department, City of North Miami , the Community Victims Assistance Center for Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking, Broward Sheriff Office and Broward Department of Children and Families Adult
Over 188 churches with 800 graduates, trained and certified Volunteer Chaplains are now involved and part of our SHARE YOUR HEART Volunteer Chaplaincy Program.
How it Works:
(1) The Share Your Heart/DCF Volunteer Chaplaincy Program consists of an introduction and orientation of the program with clergy and eligible religious leaders held at one of the Department of Children and Families Investigation (DCF) Hubs.
(2) The orientation is followed by the 16 Hour Training for 4 consecutive weeks. These training’s were designed specifically for the Department of Children and Families Investigation referrals that deals with Families in Crisis. The curriculum was developed and the course is taught by certified professional chaplains from Congregational Health of Baptist Health South Florida. We offer these training’s every other month (or as needed) for 50 to 100 Faith-Based sites and leaders.
(3) After your graduation you would have had your background check , ID Card, and T-shirt , now you are ready to be deployed to one of our Agency Department of Children and Families (DCF),Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Elderly Links, Miami Dade Office of The State Attorney, Miami-Dade County Juvenile Services Department, City of North Miami , Community Victims Assistance Center for Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking, Broward Sheriff Office and Broward Department of Children and Families Adult.
Let’s get ready to work for, the 16 hour training course that will equip and prepare you and our Faith-based sites, Pastors, Chaplains and Faith-Based leaders.
We thank God for bringing His Kingdom together to do his work In our communities. We pray for all of you and ask that when you read this page, you will pause for a minute… And thank our Lord for what He is doing.
We served in 2018-19, 96,000 adults and children thru the chaplaincy program with 80% being children. We also added 13 Miami-Dade County Community Action Centers that provide over 70,000 lbs of food monthly thru our centers.