- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two Character Reference Letters (e.g.; faith-based or community leader etc.)
- Clear Level 2 Background Check
- A HEART to Serve
Our Share Your Heart Volunteer Chaplaincy Purpose:
Our mission/purpose is to expand the kingdom of God’s love. One of the ways that we do this is by assisting individuals, children, and families in distress or crisis, victims of domestic violence and human trafficking, victims of neglect, abandonment or abuse and assist the community in times of disaster with 72 hours of food, clothing, essential supplies, employment service assistance, emotional and spiritual support, at a time they may feel they are left with no hope. The Share Your Heart Volunteer Chaplains are trained and certified by the State of Florida to assist and bring the message of love and hope for a better future. We believe that the desire to Share Your Heart is a result of your heart acting in love; and when you act is love, a seed of hope is planted.
16-hour Course Includes:
- Training materials
- Background check (Level 2)
- Volunteer Share Your Heart Chaplain Picture ID
- Polo Shirt with Logo
- One Year Membership
- Coffee, Snack, Lunch or Dinner
We thank God for all Federal, State and Local Agencies for their Memorandum of Understandings, that allows us the opportunity to work together to serve our communities and make a difference in the lives of others:
SOUTH FLORIDA – (Office Contact Info: 786-362-5870 E-mail: email@example.com)
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Elderly Links, Miami Dade Office of the State Attorney, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, MDCPS School Police Department, Miami-Dade County Juvenile Services Department, City of North Miami, Community Victims Assistance Center for Domestic Violence and Human Trafficking, Broward Sheriff Office and Broward Department of Children and Families Adult.
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA – (Office Contact Info: 239-359-7183 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) (Collier, Lee, Hendry, Charlotte, Glades County)
NORTH FLORIDA – (Office Contact Info: 850-694-6034 E-mail: email@example.com)
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Tallahassee, Families First Network, Sheriff Office
NORTHWEST FLORIDA (Office Contact Info: 850-541-5440 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) The Department of Children and Families (DCF) Pensacola
If you have any questions or need any information, please contact Ms. Betty Muller, Chaplaincy Case Manager, at (786) 234-1505; email@example.com
Over 224 faith-based and community organizations and over 800 graduates are currently trained, certified, participating and are part of the Share Your Heart Volunteer Chaplaincy Program. Thank you!!!
How it Works:
(1) The Share Your Heart/DCF Volunteer Chaplaincy Program consists of an introduction and orientation of the program with clergy and eligible faith-based and community leaders held at one of the Department of Children and Families Investigation (DCF) Hubs.
(2) The orientation is followed by the 16 Hour Training for 4 consecutive weeks. These trainings are designed specifically for the Department of Children and Families (DCF) to serve referrals for individuals and families in distress or crisis. The curriculum was developed, and the course is taught by Certified Professional Chaplains from Congregational Health of Baptist Health South Florida. We offer these trainings every other month, or as needed.
(3) Upon graduation, you will have your Level 2 Background clearance, your Share Your Heart Volunteer Chaplain picture ID Card, a Share Your Heart Volunteer Polo with Logos, and a certificate of completion which qualifies you to be deployed to serve referrals from our partnering agencies.
(4) SYH Volunteer Chaplain will have the opportunity to participate in additional trainings and professional development opportunities. SYH Volunteer Chaplain ID Card will expire 12 months from date issued and must be renewed to continue to participate in the SYH Volunteer Chaplaincy Program.
Let’s get ready to work for the 16-hour training course that will equip and prepare you, pastors, chaplains, community and faith-based leaders and sites to serve.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Ms. Betty Muller, Chaplaincy Case Manager at (786) 234-1505; firstname.lastname@example.org